After several attempts at different inclines, moving and relaying the track on the bottom board a couple of times we finally managed to get a workable incline, which you can see below.
|This shows the first version of the ramp that actually worked. That is the locos could actually get up the incline.|
In order to get the incline right we had to move the bottom of the incline back as far as it would go towards the board join. We also cut into the top board right back to the central joint to lower the inclines angle, which you can see in the photo below.
|Here is where the inclime which you can see at the right comes up on to the upper board.|
Because this means moving the entrance to the demo it meant another redesign of the depot. It was at this point that I gave up drawing plans and left those more experienced in layout design to workout the track layout on the top board on the layout itself, then when the design is finally fixed I can draw up the plan from whats on the boards.